More studies shows that adjustable beds that are specifically designed for maximum comfort and adjustability. This is to allow therapeutic effects on the body. If you find relief from your back pain by resting in a reclined position, you will definitely benefit from an adjustable bed. An adjustable bed can be beneficial for people who suffer from one of the following conditions:
1. Degenerative spondylolisthesis, where the symptoms are often back or buttock pain, numbness or weakness. This symptoms runs from the lower back and down to one or both legs. And in some rare cases, loss of bladder or bowel control.
Sleeping on an adjustable bed allows the upper body to rest at a reclining position (30 to 45 degrees). On this angle the knees are supported so they bend slightly. Reduction of some pain or discomfort in the lower back makes it easier to sleep, rather than when lying flat.
2. Osteoarthritis’ symptoms includes soreness or stiffness of joints commonly in the hands, hips, knees, and lower back area. Thus, individuals with osteoarthritis may often wake up feeling slightly stiff and sore. Sleeping on an adjustable bed can provide a better support by minimizing joint compression.
3. Spinal Stenosis, a condition which can gradually develop as an individual ages mostly noted in adults 50 years or older. The symptoms can be lower back pain, numbness or loss of sensation in both legs and feet. Individuals with spinal stenosis most often feel more comfortable bending forward instead of standing up straight.
4. Individuals suffering acid reflex and heartburn benefit from having their upper body elevated 6 to 8 inches using adjustable beds. This position can help the stomach to retain the acid and prevents the stomach acid to move to the esophagus.
5. Lifting the upper body using Adjustable beds while sleeping can benefits individuals with Asthma. This allows air tubes and decrease the difficulty of breathing. Furthermore, adjustable beds helps to improve blood and oxygen circulation for a better sleep.
6. Many individuals who suffer from insomnia finds Adjustable Beds helpful. This is because they can find a position that puts them to sleep faster without the tossing and turning.
So if you have one of the above mentioned, consider investing in a quality adjustable bed. On this fast paced life a good sleep is a necessity rather than a luxury.